School History

  • Brookside Elementary School (1955)

    On June 13, 1952, a site was secured for the Brookside Elementary School.  The one-story building was built in 1955, with 20 classrooms to serve the community.  While construction of the school was underway, it was necessary to open a temporary school in December 1953 in what is now the United Auto Workers Hall.  In addition, a number of completed but unsold homes in the Brookside community were provided to the district to serve as classrooms.  Several years later, eight classrooms were built to serve kindergarten and first grade. Today Brookside has more than 325 students enrolled.