Food Distribution Sites
Important Update: Beginning March 30, Christina School District will switch to a multi-day meal distribution program in an effort to be proactive in reducing the risk of spreading COVID-19 (coronavirus). Meals will now be available for pickup on Mondays and Wednesdays only.
CSD to Provide Free Grab-and-Go Breakfasts and Lunches During Closure
CSD will provide free grab-and-go breakfasts and lunches at five (5) school sites - The Bancroft School, The Bayard School, Kirk Middle, Leasure Elementary and Shue Medill Middle.
Meals will be set up on a table near the school entrance for distribution from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday and Wednesday.
- Monday meals will include Monday lunch - Wednesday breakfast
- Wednesday meals will include Wednesday lunch - Monday breakfast
These meals will be free to any child aged 18 years or younger. We will continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis and make adjustments as needed.
Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability, and there will be no discrimination in the course of the meal service.
Meals will be provided Monday & Wednesday beginning 3/30/2020, at the sites and times as follows:
- Bancroft School – 700 N. Lombard St Wilmington, DE 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Bayard School – 200 S. DuPont St. Wilmington, DE 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Leasure Elementary – 1015 Church Road Newark, DE 19702 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Kirk Middle – 140 Brennen Drive Newark, DE 19713 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Shue-Medill Middle – 1500 Capitol Trail Newark, DE 19711 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
- Emergency Food
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program
- Food Collection and Storage
- Home Delivered Meals
- Soup Kitchens
School Meal Sites (all districts)
- New Castle County
- Kent County
- Sussex County
- June 15, 2020 Edition
- Featured Story - Focus on Vegetables: Broccoli
- Creative Ideas to Eat More Broccoli
- Recipe: Cheesy Broccoli Bites