Bank at School
The Shue-Medill Middle School Branch of New Castle County School Employees Federal Credit Union (NCCSEFCU) opened its Bank at School program!!
Be $mart and $ave!
- Students in grades 6, 7 and 8 have an opportunity to open a non-custodial savings account. The account is set up in the child's name alone; parents will not be able to withdraw these funds.
- Accounts are provided to Bank at School participants free of charge.
- NCCSEFCU at Shue-Medill Middle School will operate every Monday and Thursday during lunch periods (11:05 am to 12:35 pm).
- School branch banks are for deposits only.
- Withdrawals and summer deposits may be made at many local credit unions (Louviers, Dexsta, Del-One, American Spirit).
- Complete and return the Account Opening Permission Form in an envelope with your child's name printed on it (document linked below).
- A child's account will be opened upon receipt of the completed permission slip and a minimum $1.00 deposit. Teachers and bank representatives will assist the students with filing out deposit forms.
- After the initial deposit, there are no restrictions as to how much or how often a child must deposit. Any amount is accessible.
The Delaware Bank at School program teaches school students about financial management by providing real banking experience at their school. The program helps students learn to take charge of their money by learning to save and spend wisely.