Parents as Teachers
A FREE EARLY LEARNING PROGRAM
FOR PARENTS OF CHILDREN FROM BIRTH TO AGE 5
The "Parents as Teachers" (PAT) Program will help you raise a bright, happy child. PAT provides you with information on your child's development and activities that will build language, thinking, social and motor skills.
You will have many questions about raising your baby. What should he be doing? Is he behind or ahead of other children? How can I teach him? The Parent Early Education Center (PEEC) can answer your questions.
You will learn how to:
- Recognize your child's ever-changing abilities and how you can encourage learning
- Teach language and social skills, and encourage intellectual development and problem-solving
- Choose the best toys for stimulating curiosity and creativity
- Discipline fairly and firmly
- Give your child the best possible start in life!
Take the first steps to school success:
- Play with your child
- Read books and engage in conversation
- Limit TV, videos games and computer time
- Encourage healthy eating
- Point out letters and numbers
- Establish daily routines
- Provide your child with experiences with crayons, pencils, scissors, and play dough
- Encourage independence in dressing, eating, and using the bathroom.