- https://www.cnn.com/cnn10 - This link is a student appropriate news program that students are familiar with presentation as it is used in many classrooms at NETWORKS. It is an on demand digital news show that is ideal for explanation of top news stories in 10 minutes.
ASSESSMENT AND PLANNING:
- http://www.youthhood.org/jobcenter/index.asp - This link is youth/ student centered and an opportunity for online exploration and planning.
- https://www.parentcenterhub.org - All the materials found on the CPIR Hub have been created and archived for Parent Centers around the country to help them provide support and services to the families they serve.
- http://www.letsgettoworkwi.org/index.php/lgtw-resource-guide/career - This link provides information and packets to help students with disabilities get into the workforce
- https://transcen.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/Blank-Positive-Personal-Profile.pdf - This document will help with the development a positive personal profile
- Skills to Pay the Bills: Critical Thinking and Problem Solving. This video is one of five from the Department of Labor’s Skills to Pay the Bills series. Information is targeted to youth, ages 14 to 21, in both in-school and out-of-school environments while it focuses on critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Youth in Transition – Soft Skills: The Competitive Edge. This link provides skills to Pay the Bills and is intended for classroom instruction. However, some lessons may be adapted for home. The curriculum is downloadable and printable – from the Office of Disability Employment Policy.
- https://www.pacer.org/transition/learning-center/planning/preparing-employment.asp - This link sets the expectation of work/assist youth in preparing for employment.
7 BEST RESOURCES TO TEACH WORKPLACE READINESS SKILLS:
- https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=&httpsredir=1&article=1090&context=pib - This link provides Tip Sheets for students/ families to review to gather important information for employment preparation: How to Keep a Job
- https://escholarship.umassmed.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1077&context=pib - This link continues the information presented above but provides additional information on Disability Disclosure (from Transitions to Adulthood Center for Research).
- https://www.transitionta.org/system/files/resourcetrees/LP_VM_Interviewing.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=1516 - Using Video Modeling to Teach Interviewing Skills Download the VidCoach App (or comparable) to complete this lesson: link to vid coach description
10 JOB INTERVIEW TIPS FOR (AND BY) YOUNG PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
- https://youtu.be/LCa02lgV0I VIDEO - This link provides information for People with Developmental Disabilities - WORK
- http://www.youthhood.org/jobcenter/index.asp - This link allows an individual to learn about work and why it is important.
- https://www.careeronestop.org/ - This link allows an individual explore career opportunities through active participation information gathering.
- https://askjan.org/soar.cfm - This link allows an individual to explore possible job accommodations.
- https://www.pacer.org/transition/learning-center/planning/preparing-employment.asp - This link allows an individual to set the expectation of work and assist youth in preparing for employment.
- https://www.transitionta.org/system/files/resourcetrees/LP_Self%20Manage%20Instr_JobSkills_2019.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=1745 - This link provides information on Using Self-Management to Teach Task Initiation
- https://www.transitionta.org/system/files/resourcetrees/Using%20Least%20to%20Most%20Prompting%20to%20Teach%20Cleaning%20Appliances%20and%20Doing%20Laundry.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=129 - This link provides information on Using Least to Most Prompts to Teach Laundry and Cleaning Skills.
- https://www.transitionta.org/system/files/resourcetrees/LP_OneMoreThan_Purchasing_0.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=240 - This link provides information on Using THE “One More Than” Purchasing Strategy.
- https://www.transitionta.org/system/files/resourcetrees/LP_RP_Purchasing_0.pdf?file=1&type=node&id=247 - This link provides information on Using Response Prompting to Teach Grocery Store Shopping.