Delaware Higher Education Office Programs
The Delaware Higher Education Office (DHEO) has several programs to support educators and support staff in Delaware schools. DHEO will host information sessions for these programs and will be available to answer any questions. Please share this information.
If you work in a Delaware school, you are probably eligible for at least one Delaware Higher Education Office program. Please review carefully and apply for all programs where you think you are eligible!
Student Loan Repayment Programs, DDOE has three programs for eligible educators.
- High Need Educator Loan Repayment
- Speech Pathologist Loan Repayment
- Mental Health Specialists Loan Repayment
Educators who work in a high-need certification area in which Delaware has a shortage or educators who work in Delaware high-need schools are eligible for this payment program (regardless of certification). Payments are made directly to the student loan lender. Eligible loans include BOTH federal and private loans. Important note: Taxes are deducted from educator paychecks. Award payment is considered taxable income.
There is a SINGLE application for all three programs. The application opened on November 1, 2022 and closes at 4:30 PM on November 30, 2022. For more information on program eligibility and to access the application: https://www.doe.k12.de.us/Page/3846
Register in PDMS for an information session on Delaware Educator Student Loan Payment Programs
- Monday, November 21, 2022, at 4 PM, PDMS course # 61175
The Redding Schools Support Scholarship will provide funding to cover up to the full cost of tuition and fees minus any other scholarships or state funding the student may have received.
Scholarship Details: To be eligible for this scholarship
- Must be an employee or student teacher currently working at a Redding Consortium school (employees include teachers, paraeducators, administrators, nurses, counselors, social workers, and other support staff)
- Must be actively enrolled or planning to enroll in the Fall, Winter, or Spring semesters during the 22-23 academic year and take at least one course, otherwise, no credit minimums are required.
- Eligible educator prep programs can be at the bachelor's, master's, doctoral, certificate, and advanced credentialing levels.
- Eligible Delaware colleges are Delaware Technical Community College, Delaware State University, Relay University, University of Delaware, and Wilmington University.
There are 2 application windows; Fall 2022-2023, November 15, 2022, to 4:30 PM December 15, 2022, and Winter-Spring 2022-2023, January 15, 2023, to 4:30 PM February 15, 2002. For more information on program eligibility and to access the application: https://www.doe.k12.de.us/Page/1463
Register in PDMS for an information session on the Redding Schools Support Scholarship
- Monday, December 5, 2022, at 4 PM, PDMS # 61177
- Wednesday, January 18, 2023, at 4 PM, PDMS # 61178
- Wednesday, February 8, 2023, at 4 PM, PDMS # 61179