The number one reason to join is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected - There is no better way to know what's happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources - The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network - PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. you can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow - By volunteering with your PTA, you put skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause: your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up - PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child's school.
- Witness Improvement - By getting involved at your child's school, you will be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model - By becoming a PTA member, you will be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
- Enjoy Substantial Benefits - Individuals and local units can take advantage of a host of benefits from PTA membership including discounts and offers from member benefits providers and sponsors, magazine subscriptions, leading training, e-newsletters and much more.
For less than 3 cents a day, you can become a PTA member, joining more than 5 million other people who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone -- parents, educators, students, and other citizens active in their schools and communities -- is invited to join our not-for-profit- parent association.