Welcome to The Bayard School!
The Bayard School is a grade 1 - 8 school that is dedicated to offering a comprehensive and systematic school program that will include impeccable instruction and the necessary resources for all of our students to achieve academic success and age-appropriate social development. Each of our students receive English, Math, Social Stuides and Science instruction every day. To provide additional learning opportunities, we have built into our schedule an additional hour per day of academic support and/or enrichment. These classes are designed to help our students reach academic success in their content area classes as well as improve their performance on standardized tests.
For school year 2019-20, we will offer several new improvements to our school program.
- Addition of a new English curriculum to streamline our efforts and to provide additional support for our students with fidelity
- Instructional coaches to support our Elementary and Secondary instruction.
- Technology in every classroom.
- Addition of the "Community School" model through a partnership with Children & Families First, Inc. to enhance our parent and community engagement activities/workshops
- Includes a full-time coordinator