Uniform Dress Code
All Christina School District (CSD) middle schools and select elementary schools participate in the school uniform program.
In many public school districts where uniform dress codes have been established, school officials have found that school uniforms:
- enhance school safety
- improve the learning environment
- bridged socioeconomic differences between children
- promoted good behavior
- improved children's self-respect and self-esteem
- produced cost savings for participating families
The decision to implement a uniform code is about equity and high standards of achievement. In order for our students to reach the high standards we have set for them, we must create environments where they receive challenging instruction, and are held accountable for their dress, behavior, and personal success.
(Please note: if necessary, we will provide sensory-friendly options for our students).
Modified Dress Code for the Bayard School
Please note the changes to Bayard’s clothing guidelines as we have adopted a modified uniform policy. The following clothing guidelines have been adopted for students in grades 1-8 at The Bayard School. The stated Dress Code will be enforced.
- Click here to download The Bayard School's Dress Code Policy or view the document below.