Child Nutrition Services
Summer Meals Program - Free Student Breakfast & Lunch
June 29 – August 5, 2021
Learning does not end when school lets out. Neither does the need for good nutrition, which is crucial for children to have safe and productive summers. The Summer Cafeteria Crew provides nutritious meals when school is out for the summer! All meals will be grab and go. No meals will be served during the week of July 5.
Who is Eligible for FREE meals? All children 18 years of age and under are eligible to receive FREE breakfast, lunch. No need to apply for the program - just bring yourself and enjoy tasty & nutritious meals.
Curbside Sites (Monday-Thursday)
Served Monday-Thursday at the following locations:
- Newark: 11:00am-12:00pm at Gauger-Cobbs Middle School and Shue-Medill Middle School
- Wilmington: 10:30am-11:30am at The Bancroft School
Mobile Meal Sites (Tuesdays & Thursday)
Served Tuesdays and Thursdays ONLY at the following locations:
Newark Bus Sites: Tuesdays and Thursdays - 6/29-8/5:
- Waterford Trailer Park – 10:45-11:05 (Playground at Donna Marie Way)
- Sparrow Run - 11:15-11:35 (Flamingo & Curlew)
- Sparrow Run - 11:35-11:50 (Flamingo & Teal, near the park)
- Sparrow Run - 11:50-12:05 (Kemper Dr & W. Plover Dr)
- Kimberton - 10:45-11:05 – (Albion Ct. & Durham Ct at the playground)
- Hunters Crossing - 11:15-11:35 - (Hunters Crossing pool parking lot)
- Harbor Club - 11:45-12:05 – (Harbor Club pool parking lot)
- Glasgow Pines - 10:45-11:05 - (Scotland Drive & Dufferin Drive)
- Glasgow Pines - 11:10-11:30 - (Scotland Drive & Thornhill Drive)
- Glasgow Trailer Park - 11:40-12:00 – (Rental Office at entrance)
Summer Meals Program to Begin June 29
June 11, 2021
CSD Child Nutrition Services will provide curbside and mobile meal service from Tuesday, June 29 to Thursday, August 5 at select locations for summer meals.
Please note: No meals will be served the week of July 5.
Buying Groceries Online with Your Delaware EBT Card
You can use your SNAP food benefits or P-EBT benefits to order groceries online for pickup or delivery from participating Aldi, Food Lion, ShopRite, and Walmart stores and Amazon. Shop and pay for SNAP eligible food items by using your EBT card at checkout.
For more information about SNAP online purchasing or SNAP food benefits: visit dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dss/ or call the Division of Social Services at 1-866-843-7212.
Flyer - Spanish
For students returning for in-person instruction who have food allergies, it is extremely important that you notify your school nurse and provide necessary documentation before their return to school. If you have any questions about what you need to provide, please contact your school nurse as soon as possible.