Community School Program
A set of partnerships between the school and other community resources. A focus on academics, health and social services, youth and community development and community engagement lead to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities.
Schools that are open to students, families, and community members before, during, and after school, throughout the year. As such, they take school, family, and community connections to another level. (Source: Children and Families First)
What is a Community School Site Coordinator?
A community school site coordinator works hand-in-hand with the principal, and is a member of the school leadership team. The coordinator is responsible for:
- Building relationships with school staff and community partners
- Engaging the families and community residents
- Coordinating an efficient delivery of supports to students both inside and outside the classroom. Data on academic & non-academic factors drive the work for a community school.
What can you do to support Community Schools work at Stubbs Early Education Center?
Advocates & Volunteers Needed
- Suggest and/or pass on names of potential community partnerships to Site Coordinator
- Help distribute flyers to students
- Pass along information upcoming school events/activities to parents
- Share any ideas you may have for parent, student or family events to Site Coordinator