The goals of the Albert H. Jones Elementary School Library are to support curriculum, encourage a love of reading and literature, and teach information seeking strategies. Library lesson plans are based on the Christina School District and State of Delaware curriculum guidelines for Library Media and Language Arts.During the year, students will:
Students in grades 1-3 may check out one book beginning the third week of school while those in grades 4 and 5 may take two selections home. Material is due back in one week and is returned during the student's normal library time.
- Learn and use the Dewey Decimal System of library organization
- Work with the Destiny Library Catalog
- Recognize story structure, parts of books, genre or style, fiction or non-fiction
- Navigate the UDlibsearch database for research lessons
- Learn safe and ethical practices for internet use.