Greetings from your school nurse at Jones Elementary! My name is Elizabeth Kelly-Johnson and I am looking forward to working with the students, families and staff at Jones Elementary. It is my goal to provide exceptional care and education to students during the school day. A healthy child is a child who is ready to learn.
I am a native Delawarean and graduated from Alexis I .DuPont High School. My nursing experience includes critical care, insurance case management and utilization review. The majority of my career has been in home health care and community health for over 20 years. I am married and have two grown daughters and one grandaughter who will be starting kindergarten. I understand your concerns and trepidations as we start the school year in a totally different way!
I started working in Christina School District in 2012 at Christina Early Education Center (CEEC) and transferred to Jones Elementary in 2019. School nursing is my dream job. I love the autonomy and opportunity to get to know your student and help them learn about healthy habits and managing their own health care needs.
- Master of Nursing - Leadership and Education - Wilmington University - 4.0 GPA
- Bachelor of Science Nursing - Salisbury University
- Certified CPR/ AED instructor - American Heart Association
- Certified State School Nurse - University of Delaware
- Sigma Theta Tau Nursing Honor Society - Omicron Gamma Chapter -Wilmington University
- Delaware School Nurse Associaton (DSNA)
- Scholarship Commitee -Delaware School Nurse Association ( DSNA)
- National Association of School Nursing (NASN)
- Jones Task Force Reopening July 2020- current
***This pager and website is currently under revision but please return for updated information
My office hours: 8 am until 3:30 pm Monday-Friday ** Wednesday we are remote for deep cleaning day. The best route to contact me is via email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay healthy and safe.