FROM THE COUNSELOR’S OFFICE:
As the School Counselor at Leasure Elementary School I enjoy working with our students. Each school year I offer Individual and Group Counseling. Some of the issues I counsel the students on are Divorce/Separation, Grief, Social Skills, Self Confidence, Focusing, Self Control and Self Esteem. I also teach classroom guidance lessons and have multiple clubs and other activities such as 3rd, 4th, & 5th Grade Gentlemen’s and Girls’ Clubs, 5th Grade Life Skills Club, 5th Grade Career Exploration Seminars, 5th Grade Career Class, Mother’s Day Shop, Holiday Shop and other fundraisers. Classroom Guidance Lessons are about personal and social development, conflict resolution skills, peacemaking, communicating, cooperating, and tolerance.
From time to time it may be necessary for a student to be referred to an outside agency for counseling. Please see the list of outside agencies below.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact me via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 302-454-2103 ext. 110. Please leave a message if I am unable to answer my phone.
TIPS ON HOW TO HELP YOUR CHILD GET ORGANIZED:
- Encourage your child to regularly use a student planner. Check it periodically to make sure that your child is using it correctly.
- To discourage loose papers being put in in books and backpacks, provide your child with a folder for each class.
- Help your child set up a home filing system for the papers you want to keep.
- Have your child clean out his/her backpack at least once a week.
- Before going to bed each night, have your child get everything ready for the next day.
- Help your chiid develop routines. Having good morning and nighttime routine helps students be more organized and it makes their day run smoother.
List of Outside Counseling Agencies:
- A Center for Mental Wellness 266-6200
- Associates in Health Psychology Wilmington & Newark 428-0205
- Broudy & Associates Wilmington 655-7110 Newark 738-9466
- Catholic Charities 656-0651
- Children & Families First 792-2757
- Christiana Counseling & Psychiatric Services 995-1680
- Delaware Guidance Services Wilmington 652-3948 Newark 455-9333
- Mid-Atlantic Behavioral Health Newark 224-1400
- Tranquility Counseling Inc. Newark 636-0700
- University of Delaware Psychological Services 831-2717 (payment is on a sliding scale)
- Play Therapy: Life Span Counseling 633-0301 Prompt & Play 691-5658
Links for Parents:
Love & Logic https://www.loveandlogic.com
No Place For Hate https://www.noplaceforhate.org