High School Honors Academy
At the Christiana Honors Academy, we prepare students for success at the college level through University Dual Enrollment courses. The comprehensive Honors Academy program begins with the Middle School Honors Academy years, providing students a preparatory framework of advanced academics to prime individuals for Dual Enrollment collegiate opportunities, and competitive college admissions by Grade 10. MSHA provides a rigorous academic program in 6th through 8th grades that prepares students to take university courses in high school. The expectation is students will take the SAT and college entrance exams by Grade 10. In addition, each student takes a performing arts course that comprises Band, Chorus, or Orchestra.
The 6th-12th Honors Academy provides each student with a smaller learning community that builds confidence and knowledge where the students feel comfortable to excel in their talents. As a 6th-12th Campus community, the comprehensive environment ensures one less transition between the middle school and high school experience. Students will build strong relationships with both the Honors Academy middle school and Honors Academy high school staff and students. Students continue their rigorous education on the Christiana Campus graduating through the Christiana High School Honors/ Dual- Enrollment program.
- A unique block schedule allows students to take a broader sequence of courses each year.
- Honors Academy students will pursue elective and extra-curricular activities along with all students.
- The smaller learning community cohort group will challenge students to pursue excellence both in academic course work and leadership.
- Honors Academy students will be recognized with distinction at graduation.
Questions about the program?
Please contact the High School Academic Coordinator Andrew Beadenkopf at Andrew.Beadenkopf@christina.k12.de.us or 302-631-2400 x 12208
Christiana High School Honors Dual Enrollment Academy applications for the 2021-2022 school year "went live" on November 2, 2020 under the Application Information Tab. Each student applying to the academy must complete the necessary requirements by January 13, 2021 in order to be considered. As we are beyond that date, please contact the Main Office and ask for the "Honors Academy Office" for details.
- Complete all school application forms through the Christina School District choice process
- Two online teacher recommendations - 1 English and 1 Math
- Create and submit student response video
MSHA Students planning to stay for HSHA please fill out the commitment form on the Application Information Page.
Questions about MSHA Choice Applications?
Please contact the District’s Office of Education Options at 302-552-2618.
The Class of 2020 earned a combined 432 University credits!
The Class of 2019 earned a combined 419 University credits!
Through dual enrollment and AP course offerings.