High School Honors Academy
- The Honors/ Dual Enrollment Academy provides a framework for students to pursue advanced course offerings while also providing each individual with a comprehensive transcript when applying for competitive college admissions and scholarships.
- The academy provides a rigorous academic program in 9th and 10th grade that prepares students to take Advanced Placement and college-level courses in 11th and 12th grade.
- Offers students the opportunity to earn up to 24 college credits during their high school years creating a seamless transition from high school to college and potentially saving up to one year of college tuition costs.
- A unique block schedule allows students to take a broader sequence of courses each year.
- Honors Academy students will pursue elective and extra-curricular activities along with all students.
- The smaller learning community cohort group will challenge students to pursue excellence both in academic course work and leadership.
- Honors Academy students will be recognized with distinction at graduation.
Questions about the program?
Please contact the High School Academic Coordinator Andrew Beadenkopf at Andrew.Beadenkopf@christina.k12.de.us or 302-631-2400 x 12208
Christiana High School Honors Dual Enrollment Academy applications for the 2020-2021 school year go live November 2, 2020 under the Application Information Tab. Each student applying to the academy must complete the necessary requirements by January 13, 2021 in order to be considered.
- Complete all school application forms through the Christina School District choice process
- Two online teacher recommendations - 1 English and 1 Math
- Create and submit student response video
- Sign up for and attend one Academic Performance Task session.
- January 9 - 9:00 am - 11:00 am
- January 11 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- January 13 - 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
MSHA Students planning to stay for HSHA please fill out the commitment form on the Application Information Page.
Questions about MSHA Choice Applications?
Please contact the District’s Office of Education Options at 302-552-2618.
The Class of 2020 earned a combined 432 University credits!
The Class of 2019 earned a combined 419 University credits!
Through dual enrollment and AP course offerings.