** School Choice for the 2019-2020 school year is closed **
If you wish to apply for School Choice after the open enrollment period, Christina School District will continue to consider “choice” applications if it is determined that “Good Cause” exists. You must complete a Good Cause Choice Form (English | Spanish) to accompany your School Choice Application (English | Spanish).
2019-2020 Choice Application Timeline (Grades 1-12)
- Monday, November 5, 2018 - 8:00 am - Online Choice Application Opens
- Wednesday, January 9, 2019* - 11:59 pm - Online Choice Application Closes
- Wednesday, February 28, 2019 - District/School Notify Parent of Invitation Status
- Friday, March 15, 2019 - Parent Notify District/School of Acceptance Decision
Capacity InformationThe following schools are "At Capacity" for the 2019-2020 school year:
- Downes Elementary School
- Gallaher Elementary School
- Marshall Elementary School
- Oberle Elementary School
- Stubbs School
- Brader Elementary School
- Chinese Immersion Program at Downes Elementary School for Kindergarten students
- Jones Elementary School
- Keene Elementary School
- Smith Elementary School
- West Park Place Elementary School
- All students applying for a Delaware Public School District and/or Charter School must first register in their School of Residence before submitting a School Choice application.
- All students applying to the Middle School Honors Academy (MSHA) at Christiana High School are also required to complete a 2019-2020 MSHA Application, which is available online at www.ChristianaHS.org/MSHA.
- Charter Schools, Vocational-Technical School Districts and Magnet schools may continue to accept applications after 1/9/2019 to fill remaining availability. Those holding a lottery will include applications received by 1/9/2019. Kindergarten applications can be submitted until the first day of school.