If you wish to apply for School Choice after the open enrollment period, Christina School District will continue to consider “choice” applications if it is determined that “Good Cause” exists. You must complete a Good Cause Choice Form (English | Spanish) to accompany your School Choice Application (English | Spanish).
School Choice Timeline
- November 4, 2019, 8:00 am - Online Choice Application Opens
- January 8, 2020, 11:59 pm - Online Choice Application Closes*
- February 29, 2020 - District/School Notify Parent of Invitation Status
- March 20, 2020 - Parent Notify District/School of Acceptance Decision
The following schools are:
"At Capacity" for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Downes Elementary
- Marshall Elementary
- Stubbs Early Education Center
- Oberle Elementary
"Near Capacity - Wait List Likely" for the 2020-2021 School Year:
- Gallaher Elementary
* PLEASE NOTE:
- All students applying for a Delaware Public School District and/or Charter School must first register in their School of Residence before submitting a School Choice application.
- All students applying to the Middle School Honors Academy (MSHA) at Christiana High School are also required to complete a MSHA Application, which is available online
- Kindergarten applications can be submitted until the first day of school.
- Charter Schools, Vocational-Technical School Districts and Magnet schools may continue to accept applications after the deadline to fill remaining availability. Those holding a lottery will include applications received by January 8, 2020.