Strategic Plan: Overview
Christina School District
Together, Educating Every Student for Excellence
Christina School District began the Strategic Planning process in September 2021 by partnering with facilitators to hold conversations, engage stakeholder groups, and begin phasing in the action planning process.
By January 2022, we had formed action planning and advisory teams consisting of staff, students, parents, and community stakeholders for input.
We are proud of the collaborative work that so many have engaged in and are eager to carry out the big, challenging goals of the strategic plan. We strive to continue the work of district improvement and utilize this space to update you on our process and our progress throughout implementation.
The mission of the Christina School District is to improve student outcomes and give every student opportunities to learn in an academically challenging, safe, equitable, and nurturing school environment. We pledge to value parents, caregivers, and families as partners in educating all students to learn, live, and lead in the 21st century and beyond.
Priority Student Outcomes
- Increase math proficiency in every grade
- Increase English Language Arts (reading and writing) proficiency in every grade
- Increase graduation rates
- Ensure success during school transitions (from school to school)
- Strengthen the transition to college and career
- Student leadership
- Increase sense of belonging, inclusion, safety, and well-being
- Ensure equitable outcomes for students regardless of race, ethnicity, income, or disability
- Other Outcomes from some Greenway work also included: attendance, disaggregated data, SAT, graduation rates, discipline data, first year college enrollment after fall graduation, teacher hiring, diversity data, climate survey results, district surveys, teacher retention, facilities upgrades.
Priority District Outcomes
- Professional growth and promotion
- Parent and family communications
- Other Outcomes of some Greenway work also included: attendance, disaggregated data, SAT, graduation rates, discipline data, first year college enrollment after fall graduation, teacher hiring, diversity data, climate survey results, district surveys, teacher retention, facilities upgrades,