- Christina School District
Internet Essentials from Comcast
Coronavirus Update July 1, 2020
- EXTENDING 60-DAYS OF FREE INTERNET SERVICE TO NEW INTERNET ESSENTIALS CUSTOMERS. To help provide additional support to students and families, Comcast will continue to provide 60 days of free Internet service to new, eligible Internet Essentials customers through the end of this year. In addition, Comcast will continue to waive, through the end of the year, the requirement that customers not have a past due balance with Comcast to qualify for the free offer. Learn more here.
- EXTENDING FREE PUBLIC WIFI ACCESS TO EVERYONE FOR THE REMAINDER OF 2020. To continue to help keep people connected as the country prepares to reopen, Comcast is extending free access to the 1.5 million public Xfinity WiFi hotspots to anyone who needs them, including non-customers, through the end of 2020. Learn more here.
- EXTENDING XFINITY OFFERING TO HELP UNIVERSITY STUDENTS STAY CONNECTED AS THEY PREPARE FOR THE UPCOMING SCHOOLYEAR. Comcast is continuing to help college students stay connected to the Internet over the Summer and through the Fall back-to-school rush by extending an Xfinity Internet offering that provides $150 Visa prepaid card to students who sign up for service by September 30; more than enough to pay for two months of Internet service. Learn more here.
We know that many students and their families depend on the Internet, whether at school or home, so they can do homework, search for jobs, access financial or government services, and much more. The Christina School District recognizes that having the Internet at home is critical to ensuring that your child can stay connected to online assignments, classmates, and teachers.
That is why we want to make sure that you know about a low-cost home Internet service called Internet Essentials from Comcast.
Features of Internet Essentials include:
• $9.95 per month + applicable taxes
• No Contract
• No Credit Checks
• No Installation Fee
• In-Home Wifi included at no cost
Now for more excellent news. Comcast has recently expanded eligibility for Internet Essentials to include all qualified low-income households in its service area. Service is now available to even more households beyond those participating in the National School Lunch Program and receiving housing assistance, including Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others.
We want all our students to have the opportunity to do their homework at home, and we are excited to partner with Comcast and the Internet Essentials program to provide affordable internet access to your family.
How to Apply
• Call 1-855-8-INTERNET (1-855-846-8376)
Internet Essentials is a program to provide home Internet service for families. It is not a school program and is not endorsed or required by your school. Your school is not responsible for Internet Essentials accounts.