Family Advocacy Services focuses on developing relationships with families by assisting them throughout an informed, unbiased decision-making process regarding education, language, communication and social experiences for their child who is deaf or hard of hearing, including children using cochlear implants.
Services offered by FACES for children birth to age 3 include:
- Family Education
- Spoken Language Consultant
- American Sign Language (ASL) Consultant
- Twice weekly Play and Learn Club Playgroups in Newark, Dover and Lincoln, DE
- Monthly family events with free childcare and interpreting services
- Free ASL classes with free childcare
The FACES on-site programs at Delaware School for the Deaf in Newark, Delaware welcome children as young as 3 and continues through preschool to age 5 (or whenever a child is ready to move on to kindergarten). All classes run a full-day schedule, beginning at 8:30 am and concluding at 3:15 pm, except for Fridays, when students are dismissed at 11:00 am. Transportation to/from the child’s home and/or daycare is provided, if desired.