Become a Teacher at Christina
We're Hiring Teachers!
If you are passionate and committed to teaching for the long term, Christina School District is seeking you!
Christina's mission is to improve student outcomes and give every student opportunities to learn in an academically challenging, safe, equitable, and nurturing school environment. Our greatest priority today is to intentionally attract, develop, and retain an all-inclusive diverse workforce that supports students first.
As part of a competitive compensation package to recruit, employ, and retain a highly qualified team, Christina School District offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries.
How to Apply
- Visit Delaware Schools Consortium (Frontline/Applitrack)
- Complete all parts of the application and submit the following required documents with your packet:
- College transcripts from all institutions attended (photocopies acceptable)
- PRAXIS test results (photocopies acceptable)
- Copy of Teaching Certificate(s), if available
- A representative from Human Resources will review your file when all application materials have been received.
- When the review is complete, you will then be eligible for an interview within our District if a suitable vacancy is identified.
- If you are offered employment, you will be required under state law to complete a drug test, background check, and Tuberculosis screening.
Aspiring Teachers Welcome
Relay Teaching Residency at Christina
If you have ever been interested in teaching but were not sure how to enter the profession, this opportunity provides unparalleled preparation & experience to help you do so.
In partnership with the Relay Graduate School of Education and Delaware Department of Education, the Relay Teaching Residency at Christina provides a unique opportunity for aspiring teachers to learn alongside mentor teachers, while earning a master’s degree in teaching and a standard teaching certificate.
Continuing Education Opportunities
Christina School District has partnered with colleges and universities to provide numerous opportunities for educators to extend their professional knowledge and training through various certificate and degree programs.
Delaware State University
Delaware Technical Community College
University of Delaware
Resources and Information
Praxis Study Resources
Renewal of Continuing License - 90 Clock Hours
Critical Needs Scholarship Program
Alternative Routes to Certification
Licensure / Certification